Monday, July 23, 2007

Transform!

For the longest time, I have been plotting to redo my bathroom from it's fugly state. The previous owners put up pink seashell wallpaper which had started to turn yellow. Furthermore, the wall paper edges started to peel. It felt like I was in that short story "The Yellow Wallpaper". On Saturday night, out of frustration due to work and my non-existent love life, I started ripping the wallpaper off the walls like a stripper on crack. I became a madman. Before I knew it, the walls were bare and with the help of solvents it was clear.

Then came the hard part.
What color to choose...

At first I wanted to stencil in interlocking C's sort of like an homage to Chanel or do an LV on the walls. But I thought that it would be a bit much. Suddenly an idea hit me. I rummaged through my closet and found an Hermes paperbag and a Tiffany&co. bag. I decided to go with the same color that Tiffany's uses on their bags and boxes. I had the people at Home Depot match the color. Sooo now my bathroom walls are Tiffany Blue.

Now that's an homage.

No comments: