Monday, June 4, 2007

To Live...


I have a penchant for foreign films. Particularly Asian films. I try to compare and contrast cultures through movies and try to see certain similarities and differences. To Live is a Chinese film directed by Zhang Yimou and starring the beautiful Gong Li. The story centers on the life and trials of a family during China's turbulent history. It spans four decades of hardship, joy, pain, loathing...four decades of LIFE. To Live is a lesson on the importance of life and how hope should never be extinguished. Value your Life.
(Gong Li is Totally Hot! But not in the movie though.)
~~~~

My dearest coworker Jackie O. gave birth on Saturday night to a 9lbs baby. That's a big baby to fit through a vagina ( I think.) I haven't visited her yet. I hope that the child looks good or else I'll have to pretend that it does. You guys know what I'm talking about. Everyone's seen an UGLY baby before and had to pretend that it looked good just to please the mother. I just HOPE I don't have to do that.
~~~~

Apparently, yours truly is up for a promotion. That means this equation:

Higher Salary = More money = More LV

Hopefully I do get it. I'll keep my fingers crossed. I even lit a candle at Church. Hey, it can't hurt right?!?!

Ciao! BTW, Feel free to email me at JHVRothschild@gmail.com for any rhyme, reason, whatever it is. Just email me if you want. Toodles!

1 comment:

Empress Maruja said...

Oh my! Good luck on your promotion!